- Check if all the languages you intend to teach are open for applications
e.g. You intend to teach 2 languages – English and Korean. If English is closed and Korean is open this week, then you can only apply to teach Korean.
- Applicants with higher teaching qualifications and more teaching experience will have priority. Not all applications that meet our requirements will be accepted.
- Teachers must be ready to teach immediately after being accepted
List of open languages
- Languages not listed in the table below are all open
- There is no definite time frame when a language will reopen
- The list updates every two months.
|Language||Professional Teacher||Community Tutor|
Difference between Professional Teacher and Community Tutor
There are two types of teaching profile at Math-Face – Professional Teacher or Community Tutor. Each applicant can only choose one teacher type. You cannot apply to be an English Professional Teacher and Italian Community Tutor for example.
- Professional teachers have training as educators and/or extensive professional teaching experience. They can provide students with resources, prepared materials, and structured lesson plans to help students reach their goals.
- To apply for a professional teaching profile, you must upload documents showing your training and experience as an educator.
- Check the minimum requirements here.
- Community tutors are friendly, helpful, knowledgeable, and use their time to provide students with conversation practice.
- To apply to be a community tutor, you must be a native speaker of the language or are at K-3 level.
What are the differences between professional teacher and community tutor?
|Professional Teacher||Community Tutor|
|Minimum lesson price (including packages)||Dependent on the qualifications and experiences||Depending on the availability|
|Maximum lesson number||16 for each teaching language||None, Assisting Professional Teacher|
|Lesson category options||General, Conversation Practice, Business, Test Preparation, Kids||General, Conversation Practice|
|Credential on teacher profile options||Work experience, education, certificates||None|
* It includes all the varieties of a given language. e.g. German includes Austrian German and Swiss German.
* Please refer to the latest language status in the application form.